Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Oh, the simple things like....Word Documents

Having issues with blogger again.  Seems like it happens when I actually have time to type up a post.  :-)  (Either blogger or my own SD card reader.  This time it wasn't allowing me to upload pictures.   Finally googled the issue and in case someone else is having the same issue...it is a known issue that the "choose files" icon appears and disappears not allowing you to upload pictures.  They are working on trying to find a solution to Internet Explorer browsers and their suggestion at this time is to use a different browser.  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Okay, I know that there are people out there that are probably already doing this but sometimes I have a tendency to make more work for myself then I need to.  But...I'm learning.  One of the things I'm learning is that there are a lot of resources at the tips of my fingers that I have completely "forgotten" about...one of them being Word. 

A. is in 4th grade and he has a lot of writing in almost every subject with the K12 curriculum so I'm trying to cut it down a bit and come up with variations of activities.  I'm finding out that he enjoys technology quite a bit so I'm going to try to spend some more time helping him explore some simple programs.  One of the activities he was to do for today was to create a book.  Well, we just created a book in science and that was like pulling teeth...it required "writing".  Ha!  So I was flipping through the diagrams, charts, etc in Word and came across one that hollered "Louis Pasteur Book!" to me.  So this is what we came up with....scrapped the book and made a diagram.  He was quite pleased...now if only we can somehow figure out how to fit in "typing" into his day.  He took forever on the first portion and so I typed and had him dictate the rest of it.  But I think we're onto something!  Any typing program suggestions?

Oh, for those of you not aware of who Louis Pasteur is...he is the individual who experimented with a cure for rabies.  :-)


1 comment: