Thursday, March 28, 2013

Flowers in Vase

Nice "spring-y" project that we ended up all doing.  First it started as a Art3 project that just the 3rd and 4th grader was doing.  3rd grader was learning about art of porcelain pottery.  Then I found that the Art1 had a still life that was a vase also.  So, voila!  We'll all do it.  :-)
 
2nd graders
(I love those contrasting colors on the right!)
  
1st grader's and preschooler's
(FYI: The flowers were difficult for the 1st grader and preschooler.  :-))
 
 
4th and 3rd graders
(I want a vase like that purple one!  :-))
 
Actually, a very simple project that really doesn't take a lot of time.  When I did this with the Preschool-2nd graders we finished it in 2 days.  1st day we folded a 9x12 piece of white construction paper in half and trace a half of vase and cut out.  Then added crayon design and water color.  We also took the time to add a tablecloth and wallpaper to the background paper.  The next day I worked with them to make tissue paper flowers and I hot glued the vases and their flowers. 
 
Directions to the tissue paper/button flowers can be found at
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment