Monday, November 24, 2014

Recipe Review! Chicken Spaghetti

YUM!

Original recipe at link above.

I used 2 chicken breasts and had cooked it up, seasoning with salt and pepper, then froze so it was done.  Next time, I won't do that ahead of time.  :-D  There is something about precooked chicken and freezing it that I just haven't mastered yet.  It always has an "interesting" taste.  So this next time I will do everything the same BUT precooking the chicken.  

So, 
2 chicken breast, diced and sauteed with about 1/2 C. of frozen onion and 1/2. C. frozen green pepper.  Season with salt and pepper to taste, and add a 15 oz can of diced tomatoes.

Boil spaghetti (approx. 1 lb, do what you would normally do for your family if you were making spaghetti) in chicken broth.  Do not overcook, as this dish bakes.

8 oz. cream cheese, melted and whisked to smooth with about a cup of chicken broth. Combine spaghetti (I didn't have hardly any chicken broth left in my noodles so I just dumped broth and noodles all into the pan) with cooked chicken mixture.  Add cream cheese mixture and 1 C. of shredded cheese.  Mix well.  Spread in a greased 9x13 baking dish.  Sprinkle the top with a nice layer of shredded cheese.  COVER WITH FOIL!!! Bake, 350 degrees, 30-40 minutes.  

This made a HUGE amount of food!  Maybe because my eldest boy is not a big spaghetti eater and so he didn't eat as much.  However, my kiddo that normally eats minimal went back for thirds!  :-D  Husband and I went back for more also!  To be truthful...I liked it even better warmed up!  I poured chicken broth over the top of the noodles to help moisten it again, put foil on the top of the dish, and popped it into the oven at 350 for 30-40 minutes.  

Definitely I will make this again.  Maybe not as frequently as some other dishes since not the whole family loved it...but the majority did.  

This dish would make a great potluck casserole!

No comments:

Post a Comment